While we are away sunning ourselves in Vietnam, I thought I would take you on a little trip down memory lane with a before and after tour of our house. I always think seeing the transformation of homes through renovations is absolutely fascinating and it never ceases to amaze me what can be done with a bit of effort and imagination. So for those of you who haven’t seen what our house was like at the beginning of this j0urney, here’s the big reveal and for those who have been here from the start, a little reminder of what you can achieve.

The Front Garden – Before

The Pool area – Before

AfterIMG_3405IMG_3372IMG_3367

The Driveway and Side of House – Before

After

IMG_3397

IMG_3415

Despite the effort, stress and cost involved, it’s always great to look back and remind yourself of what you’ve achieved. Later this week I’ll show you how we transformed the inside.

Tagged with →

18 Responses to Our House Renovation Project – Before and After

1. Jennifer says:

So pleased you banished the Brunswick Green! It’s avast improvement.

Jennifer xx

2. Almost unrecognisable Mel – you are a genius.

3. Gail Storti says:

What an amazing transformation! You’ve turned that once drab and overgrown cute cottage into a bright and shining jewel! WOW….I love everything you’ve done and your backyard and pool house are fabulous! After seeing all the wonderful things you’ve done on the inside, I knew the outside would be just as wonderful….and it did not disappoint! LOVE…LOVE…LOVE it!

4. Linda Pakravan says:

It looks like paradise to me!

5. Mel says:

Mel, I love the transformation and its so wonderful to look back at the tranformation. I would love to know the name of the plant/hedge that you have between the pool and the grass area.

6. Anastasia says:

Love before and afters!!! Looks so great and I’m not sure why you would have got rid of that green??? x

7. That was fun to see your home before and after…What a transformation….your very talented Mel…your home is beautiful inside and out!

8. Love seeing a work in progress. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

9. Monica says:

Amazing the backyard is so perfect with the addition of pool and cabana.

10. It sure is a lovely renovation
    Carolyn

11. Your house looks like a completely different house. You have done a fantastic job. Everything from the white cladding and roof colour change to the pool area ! Its such an amazing transformation. Your right about looking back on what you had and comparing it as it always makes you appreciate what you have right now, and what you have is a beyond beautiful house! Thanks for sharing.

12. Anna says:

Awesome transformation! What are the dimensions of the room off the pool? Does it have a bathroom?

13. Toni says:

What colour did you used on the pool cabana please?

14. Rebecca says:

Hi just wondering if you know the name of the cladding paint?

15. Kirsten Breeden says:

Hi, what paving and waterline tiles did you use for your pool? Thanks,Kirsten

Hi Kirsten, I’m sorry I don’t remember the exact name, our files are in storage, but it was bought from Amber Tiles and they are a light aqua colour. Cheers Mel