SOLD It is bittersweet I admit, but we are very pleased and relieved to have sold our house before auction to a lucky local family who I’m sure will have many happy years here. We haven’t had a long time to make memories here, but those we do have are wonderful and shall not be forgotten. This home has provided us with an amazing lifestyle, we have enjoyed being part of this lovely neighbourhood and community, made lots of great friends, and importantly it has given me the opportunity to start this blog, develop a business and meet all you fabulous people. So for that I will be eternally grateful. I am sad to say goodbye, but am looking forward to our next adventure.

To satisfy your curiosity I can now divulge that we are moving back to the Southern Highlands and have a bought a house down there. It is a bit of a project, although more or a redecorate than renovate. At least that’s what I’ve told my husband! It will give us the country lifestyle we crave for the children, lots of space and fresh air, plenty of gardens to keep my husband busy and space for me to develop my online business. But best of all we are nearer to family and close friends. So plenty of positives and lots of excitement in the coming months.

So here’s a sneak peak of where we will call home at the end of the year…..yes, it looks a lot like our current house, I know. I seem to have a thing about dormer windows!

KD1

KD2

KD3

KD4

KD5

KD7

KD8

I must say a big thank you to the team at Belle Property Seaforth who did an amazing job marketing and selling our house. Matt and Tania are true professionals, in every sense of the word and had more than the standard sale pressure on their plate with this house, given the public nature and profile of the house, which made for some very frantic and crowded opens having to weed out the genuine buyers from the sightseers, and an unusual situation given the amount of information that was available to prospective buyers about the house. They handled it with great skill and tact, and I am very pleased to welcome them on board as a new sponsor of the blog. I highly recommend their services if you are selling your house.

Tagged with →

22 Responses to The next chapter….

1. Lynne Grierson says:

Your new house looks fabulous and I can only imagine how beautiful it will be when you work your magic on it. What a wonderful new future for you and your lovely family! Congratulations on the sale and I really look forward to sharing your new house journey through your gorgeous blog.

2. LouiseMcIntyre says:

Congratulations Mel! I have only just found your website but after living in the beautiful Southern Highlands for 14 years now, and the joy it has brought our family, I know you will have many fond times ahead! I love your style and you will find plenty of wonderful inspiration here! Your desire to create beautiful balanced environments will continue to be a great source of joy in the years ahead!

3. Congratulations! I’m sure you will love your new home:) xxL

4. Nola says:

I can’t wait to see what you do-I know it will be beautiful. x

5. Ooh that is a gorgeous house already and will be stunning once you put your brand on it. Look forward to watching the progress.

6. Robyn says:

We will be pleased to have you back in the Highlands.

7. Danielle says:

Congratulations Mel, you have bought one of my favourite houses of all time! I am so delighted for you and your family…I fell in love with your new house back in July and I can’t wait to see you bring it to life! This house is perfect for you to make into a home…I just adore the herringbone timber floors! Can’t wait until the green wallpaper goes…

8. It looks like a storybook house on the outside, and I’m sure you’ll whip the interiors into shape in next to no-time.

9. Helen says:

Congrats on your sale and new purchase! I’m jealous of your quick sale given I’m entering week 8 of open houses. Love the southern highlands and it makes sense to be close to your family. I’m a city girl through and through but could be converted by your lovely new home! Can’t wait to see what you do with it.
    X Helen

10. Vicky Bolingbroke says:

Your new home is absolutely gorgeous !!! It looks beautiful as it is, but I will be very keen to see what you do with it as I love your style and reading your blog as its such such a source of inspiration. Vicky

11. Oh my goodness!!!! Could this house be any cuter? I can’t wait to watch this project unfold. It is a gem. What a dream for your kids to have this place to run around in.
    Love it all

12. Anon says:

…we promise to take good care of it and I’m sure we’ll enjoy living there very much! Whether we can make it look quite so stunning again remains to be seen – our own project I guess. Hope you enjoy your new project just as much..!

13. OMG I am in love with your new home and can only imagine the magic you will infuse into it Mel. It is so beautiful and classic and charming!! And that’s without the “Mel touch”!!! I am really excited for you and for us to get to share this new journey with you….how amazing that you sold your home so fast, but I am so not surprised, it was picture perfect and done so beautifully, you made someones job really really easy. Best of luck with the big move!

14. Catherine says:

Beautiful! Congratulations on your gorgeous new home.

15. Patty Day says:

Congratulations on the sale and Best Wishes for all the future years in your new home. It will be a Grand Adventure and loads and loads wonderful memories to build.

16. Congrats….and your new home looks amazing!

17. Cathy Dickson says:

WOW. What a beautiful new home and property. I am envious (except for the green wallpaper). Congratulations on selling your home; what a relief. Best wishes on a smooth move. Can’t wait to see the new house updates! Cathy

18. Gail Storti says:

Congratulation to you and your family and to the new owners of your house. They certainly are lucky to get to live in the house that you made so wonderful! I really love your new home and can hardly wait to see what you do to make it another beautiful showplace. I know it will be gorgeous. Good luck with the move….you will make many more happy memories there.

19. Alex Lamb says:

Looking forward to what you do with the new place (I suspect the green stripes are high on the priority list!)and perhaps see you round town…Am very envious of the 5 acres of garden too!!

20. Congrats on the great news and next step – no doubt you’ll have the new house turned around in no time at all!

21. Leanne Martz says:

You must be so excited on both acounts Mel, firstly such a quick, painless sale of your beautiful home, then to find this amazing home to move on to, cannot wait to follow this journey Congratulations

22. Jane Bull says:

Looking forward to following the transformation of your new home. Did you know that you have followers of your blog in the UK? Congratulations!