Last week I began the story of the renovation of my clients’ home in Turramurra in Sydney. You can view the post here. Now to show you more of their lovely home.

The former playroom was to be repurposed as a home office, a sophisticated yet masculine study, where the master of the house could retreat from a house full of girls and work after hours. This gave me the perfect chance to break from the blue and white theme and introduce something a bit different, but which would complement the broader theme.

BEFORE
IMG_0250AFTER
study

My clients had already purchased the stunning desk and deer from Hamptons House, which was a great starting point and helped set the tone for the scheme. The beautiful grasscloth wallpaper, mix of textures and fabrics, lighting, furniture, rug and decorative objects all fell into place.study 3study wallpaperstudy chairstudy ottomanstudy mirrorIMG_7590Above image – Chadwick Real Estate

My clients wanted the living room and dining room to be more polished and elegant, taking a departure from the blue and white of the more casual rooms, and choosing a palette of greeny grey, ivory, taupe with accents of black and silver leaf accessories. The crystal globe chandeliers from Coco Republic were already installed, and helped set the more formal tone for the room. We chose a lovely mix of patterned and plain fabrics in various textures, and repeated them in curtains, upholstery and trim with everything custom made. The new fireplace was installed along with the timber flooring continued throughout.

BEFOREIMG_7010IMG_0245AFTERIMG_6798living room mantleliving room cofee tableliving room sofaliving room x benchliving room nailheadliving room cuyshions 3IMG_1857

The theme was continued in the dining room, and I’m so glad my clients were happy to go for a round dining table, as it really worked in the space.

BEFOREIMG_0246AFTERdining room view 2living dining view dining room view dining room tablediining room console

In the next post, I will feature the bedrooms where we used lots of beautiful wallpapers and fabrics.

12 Responses to Hamptons inspired home in Turramurra – Part Two

1. Felicity says:

Just gorgeous, what a transformation!

2. Sara says:

Stunning, love it all

3. Lee says:

The house looks fabulous, you have a distinct touch to your interiors, this makeover has a distinctive touch of Hollywood glamour to it. I love the soft grey palette and beautiful dark furniture. Every piece of artwork looks perfect. You should be very proud of yourself and I am sure your client was over the moon.

I think I will have to have you help me from a distance (I live in NZ), with my beach house when we finally move in, it is being built at the moment, it will be ready next March but unfortunately I will have to rent it out for a few years, then it will be our beach escape.

4. Jenny Mears says:

Very elegant, beautiful work. 🙂

5. Anne Howe-Robinson says:

Hi Melinda

So love your work. Would you be able to advise where you got the occasional leather chair in the study from? Also, did you have your cushions made up for the lounge room or are they available to purchase? Thanking you. Anne

I always have my cushions custom made so they are of the best quality and unique in design and mix. Similar leather armchairs are available through my design business if you’re interested.

6. Gabrielle says:

Stunning! So smart, and liveable at the same time. You have a natural talent and flair in all your decorating projects. I am sure your clients were completely delighted with the results.

7. Raewyn Livesey says:

Really nice beautiful colour choices and furniture. Yes a good break from blue and white rooms, I love blue and white but this is good.

8. Tina says:

Hi Melinda can you recommend anyone in Melbourne to custom make drapes, Romans and cushions?

9. Kelli says:

Melinda, I’ve been in love with this house since I ran across it on Pinterest a while back. So gorgeous! Would you mind sharing what paint color was used in the living/dining area? I love the light gray. Thank you!