I have had the privilege of working with some great clients lately, particularly a big project I worked on in Sydney for most of last year, which I shared with you on the blog. Here’s a few of the photos I took when workshopping ideas for schemes. Playing with fabrics is one of my favourite pastimes, there’s an endless list of possibilities and it’s almost impossible to keep up with the new choices on offer. Whilst the majority have been blue and white recently, I do get asked to do other colour schemes which I love for a change. Nothing like stretching the creative muscle.

IMG_7541IMG_5053 copy IMG_7811 IMG_7533 IMG_7228 IMG_7096 IMG_5054 copy IMG_7095 IMG_7299 IMG_7785

It’s a shame the Aussie dollar has faltered so much of late, as it has meant most of these fabrics have increased by about 30% which does make it prohibitive for most people, but there are still clever ways of having touches of beautiful designer fabrics without going broke decorating your home.

These fabrics, trims and wallpapers are from the likes of Brunschwig & Fils, Manuel Canovas, Schumacher, Barclay Butera, Sarah Richardson, Zepel, Kravet, Jeffrey Alan Marks, Westbury, Jane Churchill, Larsen, Threads, Aerin, Windsor Smith.

9 Responses to Fabric in the mix

1. Gabrielle says:

Hi Mel,

What beautiful combinations. They woul all be lovely to live with.

2. Sara says:

Thankyou for sharing that Melinda, right now I’m loving the Lively Lattice Collection by Libby Langdon, but I don’t think anyone stocks it here in Sydney, I’m hoping to find something similar or it looks like I have to order from overseas. You make it look so easy to put different prints and textures together, love it. Regards Sara

3. Sue says:

Gorgeous combinations!

4. Ann Moore says:

Hello Melinda, I have just been looking at your kitchen renovation part one. Could you tell me what is the gorgeous colour and brand of paint you used in the kitchen/dining area please? Your posts are wonderful and are giving us so much inspiration. Keep up the great work. Many thanks Ann.

5. Lucy Rush says:

Hi Melinda
    Love all these combinations, would you please tell me who makes the animal print – 3rd and 8th pictures?
    Many thanks Lucy

6. Carolyn says:

Hi Melinda I’m having trouble finding the perfect duck egg blue fabric for some accent chairs for my lounge room do you have one you recommend? I just can’t seem to find the right colour.