If you’ve been following me on Facebook you will have seen all the posts I have been doing this week with the latest photos of the Bowral cottage reno and updates. We had the photographer take official real estate photos this week, so I thought I would share them with you. We have already had a number of offers and it won’t be on the market for long, if it even gets to market.

I will be doing some posts soon which will detail the renovation, what we did and how, with lots of before, during and after pics. Hopefully that will provide lots of inspiration, ideas and motivation for those of you looking to renovate your own homes.

I am also planning to hold a decorating workshop in October, which I will hold either at the cottage or my home. Here I will share my knowledge and experience with you, share insights into my personal style and how I decorate, my tips on achieving a classic and timeless design aesthetic plus lots of decorating tips and techniques you can take home with you to apply to your homes and own decorating. I will also share my secrets such as my go to paint colours, how tos on wall paneling, picking details such as colours, finishes, mixing fabrics and all the rest.

If you are interested in attending a workshop, please email me at mel@melindahartwright.com to register your interest. It will likely be a weekday event in school hours.

Photos by Reelvantage

Don’t forget to register for the decorating workshop asap to receive detailed information later in the week. I will be revealing all the details of this reno, paint colours, fabrics, sources and you can ask me questions about this and your projects as well.

Tagged with →

11 Responses to Bowral cottage reno real estate photos

1. Vicci Patterson says:

It looks beautiful. What a fantastic job all the best with the sale.

2. Rae livesey says:

Hello absolutely stunning you have both done a beautiful job and the colours and furniture look just lovely congrats I wish I lived closer
    to attend your workshop love seeing your posts

3. Lone says:

I love your designs Melinda and think your makeover of the Bowral house superb. I am also interested in interior design and colour that is why I follow your Blog. I do feel that a bed head shouldn’t be in front of a window unless there isn’t enough room to position the bed and bedside tables on the other wall.
    Another thing I noticed while traveling in Europe recently was the positioning of toilet role holders. So many accommodation places had the toilet role holder positioned on the wall behind the toilet. It is so hard to grasp the toilet paper. I feel the holders should be on the left or right hand side wall where the toilet is placed if possible which is much more comfortable.
    I adore the colours you choose.
    I look forward to seeing your next makeover .
    Lone.

HI Lone, thanks for your comments and thoughts. I personally don’t mind beds in front of windows and actually they do that in the US a lot, which I think can look quite fabulous. It’s not a huge room and I didn’t have a lot of flexibility with placement. The furniture also actually doesn’t fit on the only other solid wall, and it presents better this way which is why I styled it like that for the inspections and photos. Of course, it’s not permanent and the buyer can put the bed whichever way they like. The toilet roll holder I wanted to put against the other wall as I agree on the side is preferable, but we were initially having a heated towel rail there, but it became too crowded and it was more spacious and looked better on the wall behind. M.

• Lone says:

Melinda,
        Thank you for your explanation. I’m sure you won’t have a problem getting a buyer. You deserve a good return…well done,

4. Margaret Stephens says:

Melinda, I have been following you on this adventure and only wish we were in a position to move south as yet (Qld to Southern Highlands). You and your husband have achieved a great result and whoever buys it will be so lucky to have such a complete package. Great idea. You have a great style and I would love to attend your workshop, but a bit too far for one day. Wishing you a speedy sale, you deserve it.Regards Margaret Stephens

5. Tracey Brancourt says:

Mel, Mel, Mel you clever clever girl!! Well done to you. All your hard work has paid off. There is nothing I would change, love it all. The colours are beautiful. I know it will sell before it goes on the market. For me every room makes my heart skip a beat!! If only I could get my husband to change jobs to the Southern Highlands, I’d buy in a heartbeat! Unfortunately it’s Newcastle for me at the moment. Again, a job well done! Also it’s great to see you blog again!! Tracey x

6. Clare says:

Hi Melinda, I live around the corner from your lovely house and saw the ‘before’ at an inspection. It looks fantastic now! Just wondering who did your kitchen and where is the outdoor lounge from? Two things we need at our similar house.

7. Dear Mel, what a fantastic result! The new owners will be very lucky. Unfortunately I can’t attend your workshop but I would love to know the blue paint colours used on the outside of the house and in the bedroom that has the light blue lamps on the bedside tables, and also the name of the wall paper in the bathroom?
    You are such a design talent – congratulations! regards, Beatrix